Saturday, 2 April 2011

17 Nail Xtras Crackle Top Coat Review

I went out last Saturday night with my friend I went to University with and her friends for a meal. I've not been out "out" for quite a while and couldn't work out what I wanted to wear etc (the usual...)

I had to pop into Boots to pick up some vitamins and of course, couldn't help but take a peek at the make up section! I spotted this...
I'd seen other brands with the "crackle finish" type nail varnish, so decided to give it a go! I'd already recently bought some lovely coral coloured stuff from the same range, and I was impressed with it!

It was also the only bottle left, so I couldn't leave it on its own! ;) I also bought a bottle of a black colour "nightshade" to go underneath the silver and a bottle of a turquoise blue colour "seabreeze" also (which I will add pictures of at a later date!)
The two plain colours were £2.99 each and the top coat was £3.99. They were on offer at 3 for 2, so it worked out quite reasonable! :)  Here is a picture of the finished product! Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, I used my phone to take it, and it's pretty rubbish!! :(
 The actual product itself is fab. The results were a lot better in real life than in the photo!

I used the black shade to paint a base coat. I did not really rate the quality of the black nail varnish, it was a bit wishy washy and you had to put quite a few coats on, which didn't look even. But, obviously this wasn't such a great problem as it was going to be partially covered! I wouldn't however use the polish on its own.

The crackle top coat was amazing and so simple to use! I was a little dubious as to how it would turn out and whether I would have to do anything special to it. I literally painted it on and voila!

I did put a coat of clear nail varnish over the top and I think this helped it stay on for a bit longer. It did last quite a while and if I did get a little chip, it wasn't as noticeable because of the effect.

I had so many comments about them on my night out! My friend who I was out with loved them (I've actually picked her up a bottle too!) and her friends were all amazed by them and convinced I'd been and had them done professionally! I was being asked who did them/where can they get them done! I even had a positive comment from my brother, along the lines of "Woah! Your nails! They look awesome!" hehe.

I loved the nails so much but unfortunately I'm not allowed to wear nail varnish at work so had to take it off, but will definitely be wearing it again soon!!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen lots of crackle polishes but non of the cheaper brands looked good. These polishes are really cheap so perhaps I'll try it out! Thanks for this!

    meowcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a few reviews of other ones too and they haven't sounded so good. I really rate this though :)

    I think it would look even better if you had longer nails (I have to keep mine short for work!) x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...