Saturday, 30 April 2011

Cocktails at The Bingham Review

As I mentioned in a previous post, my Mum had won a competition to have cocktails at the Bingham in Richmond, London.

This was the description of the prize...

The Bingham’s bartender, Ciprian, has created three special cocktails for the royal wedding, and The Bingham have teamed up with Foodepedia to offer a lucky reader a flight of cocktails and canapés for two in the Bar of this lovely Thames-side Michelin starred restaurant with rooms.
We arrived there on Thursday afternoon and took a seat outside as it was a nice afternoon.

The Bingham has won quite a few awards, so I was really looking forward to sampling some of their offerings! 
 The first cocktail we tried was the Rhubarb Royale (with Konik’s Tail vodka, Velvet Falernum and fresh rhubarb, topped with champagne)

It was one of the three cocktails created for the royal wedding and it was absolutely gorgeous! It had both the subtle tartness and sweetness of rhubarb, and was very delicately flavoured. It also was very easy to drink!
 Cheers! ;)
 The Hotel Bar
 The second cocktail I chose was the River Breeze (Morgan’s Spiced, Cremme de Melon, Elderflower Cordial, Fresh Lime, Gomme Syrup, Angostura Bitters,Ginger Beer) it was really sweet, but in a good way and very refreshing! It reminded me of cola cubes... Yum!
 Mums next drink, New Monarchy (with Calvados, cinnamon sugar, mint and apple and lime juice) it was very tasty!
 Mum choosing her next drink!
 Mums final drink was lovely, it was a Rose Fantasia (Bombay Sapphire, Cucumber, Crème de Rose) tasted like Turkish Delight! :)
 A little rose bud floating on the surface - so pretty!
 My final cocktail was a Raspberry Mule!
I got a little bit excited when I went to the loo and took picture of it because I thought it was "a bit posh" hehe ;)

We both had a lovely time, the staff were very polite and helpful. The hotel was in a lovely setting and had a nice atmosphere.

We were meant to have canapes too as part of the prize but for some reason we didn't get them which was a shame as I'm sure they would have been delicious too! :)

Thank you to Foodepedia for the lovely prize and thank you to Mum for letting me go with her!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post! I'm a huge cocktail fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, extremely helpful! All of those cocktails look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! I'm glad you found it useful! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh the rose one looks well nice!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't actually like rhubarb, but that one looks the nicest from here!! Don't get me wrong though, i've never been known to refuse a cocktail...ever :P x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow these cocktails look and sound yummy. I like teh sound of the raspberry mule as raspberry is one of my fave berries and cocktail ingredients


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...