Thursday, 21 April 2011

Falling to bits!

I got sent home early from work yesterday as I was in absolute agony with my shoulder. I couldn't even lift my arm without wanting to cry (and my job is fairly physical) so spent last night sat in a walk-in centre waiting to see a doctor.

I got sent home with strong painkillers and anti-inflammatorys (and spent the remainder of last night feeling like I was floating on the ceiling!!)

The most annoying thing about it is that I haven't actually done anything remotely strenuous, to hurt myself! I think I'll have to come up with a better story than err I just hurt my muscles really bad because I'm a bit feeble!

I'd booked today off work as I had to go to the dentist and I'd made an opticians appointment too (get it all out of the way!) I'm finally being referred to have my remaining 3 wisdom teeth out (hoorah!) I've had nothing but problems with them for the past 4 years.

Then I had my opticians appointment. The guy said that my eye muscles are weak...! Story of my life! ;) (I keep getting double vision, but I think I was so used to it, I didn't see it as being a problem) I've been told to do eye exercises, which is probably one of the funniest things I've been told to do for a while! (Beats the gym anyway!!)

I actually think the next doctors appointment I have they'll say they're just going to have me put down... It's the kindest thing to do! ;)

I went to Meadowhell this afternoon and picked up a few goodies so I'll share my haul stuff with you tomorrow evening :)

I'm doing an Easter egg hunt tomorrow (that my very creative Mum devised!) with my boyfriends nieces and nephews - can't wait!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, sounds like you've been really unlucky. My optician tells me to do eye exercises too! At least you got some goodies to cheer you up (hopefully!), I always seem to struggle when I go to Meadowhall xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely sympathise with you as I have had arthritis since I was 8 and at times I have been unable to walk, move my arms and other such things. I also get arthritis in my eyes so I have to have steroids injected into them. I hope you feel better soon as I know what its like to not be able to do stuff! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments, think I was feeling a bit sorry for myself (I'm constantly ill, I had ME when I was younger so my immune system leaves a lot to be desired!) I know there are people a lot lot worse off than me, so I won't be posting any self pity posts for a while! ;)

    Emily - I've not actually been to Meadowhall for ages and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting (and I managed to find places I was looking for, I usually end up completely lost!!) probably as most sensible people were outside enjoying the nice weather!! x

    Invisible_squirrel - That sounds awful, you poor thing! The doctor said I might have to have a steroid injection in my shoulder, but I can't imagine it in your eyes (it's actually making mine water now!! :( x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...