Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Top 5 Beauty Items - May ♥

I've had quite a productive day so far as I had the day off work today (my shifts vary from week to week as I work over seven days... Bye bye weekend!)

I nipped into town, Castle Market predominantly, and bought some goodies (mainly fresh fruit and veg!).

I'm planning on making a Jamie Oliver curry recipe later on (which if I remember to!) I'll do a post about. It's the paneer, potato and pea one from the "20 Minute" meals. I've made it once before and really liked it so thought it would be nice to try again.

I thought I would do a monthly post about my top 5 beauty items of the moment...

My May Top 5!
Colgate Max White One

I bought this about a month ago when it was on offer in Tesco and I would definitely recommend it. I've used Crest strips in the past which are themselves pretty awesome but they make my teeth hurt like hell (too sensitive) so I am loathed to use them that often :(

I've noticed a difference in the whiteness of my teeth already and intend on carrying on using it! I do use it with an electric toothbrush which I also think makes a difference to me personally.

It's available in most drugstores and supermarkets, priced around £4 and I believe is on offer in ASDA at the moment for £3.


I cannot recommend this highly enough! I bought a bottle after reading Dainty Dresses blog review and boy was she right!

 My hair is a bit problematic. Although it's short, it's fairly fine and gets greasy quickly. I also have the problem that with certain brands that are suitable for greasier hair, I have some kind of allergy to.

I went into Lush and bought a bottle of this and used it straight away. The difference was almost immediate! My hair felt cleaner and had some volume to it (bye bye lankness!) and here is no slimey residue.

I have been using it ever since and have now donated my unused shampoos to my Mum as I don't think I'll be going back! I am now looking for a similar conditioner for use maybe once or twice a week.

There was also another benefit for me from swapping shampoo. I have quite bad skin (acne) and in the last 6 months or so my back had regressed to how it was when I was a teenager (I'm now 26). Obviously this was quite upsetting as I thought I'd outgrown at least the back acne.

Anyway, since using I Love Juicy, my back has almost totally cleared up. I'm now convinced it was down to using a different product.

The product is quite pricey (starting at £4.45) BUT it does last a very long time as you only need to use a small amount.

I was wandering around Meadowhall with a friend and got "attacked" by one of the sales girls for Origins, asking did I want to try some of this ;)

I was feeling a bit warm and flustered, as you do in big shopping centres so I said I would. She dabbed a bit on my temples and a bit on the back of my neck. Oh my! It was lovely!

It's cooling and calming. I genuinely did feel better almost instantly and a lot less tense.

I bought some when I went there next and have to say it is a staple in my handbag. Whether I have a headache or am feeling a bit aaargh, I dab a little bit on and calm is restored!

Again, it is a bit pricey, at £11 for the little bottle, but you only need to use the tiniest amount.


I bought this brush recently when The Body Shop had an offer for 30% off, buy one get the second half price and free postage (you could use all offers together!).

I currently use a Tangle Teezer to brush my hair when I get out of the shower, but after that, I just point and aim the hairdryer at my head and that's about it ;)

This is so easy to use, my hair gets a bit of volume and it looks a lot more like it does when I come out of the hairdressers - yay! :)

I got this on a whim whilst in Boots looking at their 3 for 2.

The lipstick is fab, it really does live up to its name of lasting fix! I'm a bit useless when it comes to wearing makeup (or rather the upkeep once I'm out!).

I wore this on Saturday night to the pub. I'd put it on just before I left and then didn't re-apply (or even nip to the loos and take a look). It was still in place by the time I got home (after a few pints!) and looked as good as it did when I left! No smudges, no budges and no looking like Courtney Love ;)

I love the colour, it's not too shiney and doesn't dry your lips out. It suits my skin tone too (I have freckles and I think that makes some colours look a bit urgh on me!)

 I wear it with a bit of mascara and a flick of black eyeliner for a classic look :)
Close up swatch!




Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. nice post, really tempted to try that lush shampoo as my hair is really lack-lustre at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    It really does work for me! Have only recently started using Lush products and I have to say I am impressed!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think that the 'Peace of Mind' would sufficiently replace my fags (which are currently my favourite de-stressers, along with booze)?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on the Showbiz lipstick by 17, it was the first one of their lasting fix lipsticks I bought and I've got nearly all the collection now! I recommend Hot Chilli if you want to go bright, and Dreamy which is my personal favourite, I wear it every day!

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of the 'Peace of Mind'.
    I get stressed out a lot, I wonder if it'd help me.

    meowcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comments!

    Clare and Natalie - I think the peace of mind is good if you're a bit tense yes, I mainly use it when I'm out and about and getting a bit "argh, too many people, too warm, need to get out of here" :) you should ask to try it when you're in Debenhams or John Lewis next :)

    Emma - I will take a look at those shades when I'm next in Boots ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm def going to take your advice on the tooth paste! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your reviews are so interesting!

    I am gonna go onto the Lush and Origins website now to find out more about the shampoo and that calming essence. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  9. The toothpaste is really good, a little bit pricier than your normal stuff but I'd say it's worth it - had quite a few nice comments :)

    And thank you Addie, that's really kind of you :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...