Sunday, 29 May 2011

A Week in Pictures 29/05/11 Plus NOTD :)

Just a little mini update as I'm aware I've been AWOL for a few days! ;)

My parents are staying with us for a few days as they've sold their house! So they're house hunting at the moment...
Last Sunday it was my friends birthday and we went out for a meal at Sakushi in Sheffield. I didn't actually have any actual sushi as I chose veg gyoza (dumplings), miso soup and edamame beans. My friend and her boyfriend did and they loved it! I really enjoyed mine too.

There was a nice atmosphere and quite a few other people in there too. There is a conveyor belt with the sushi on which is quite fun. We had to stop ourselves from eating more (or in my case I had to resist every time I saw the little cheesecakes whoosh past!) The food tasted delicious and fresh. I would recommend eating there if you are in Sheffield!
I bought myself these tulips after work on Monday as they were reduced to £1.50. They have actually perked up and are still looking pretty today (Sunday!) :)

I felt a bit like Morrisey on the way home as I was waving the flowers to hail the bus... ;)
Nails of the Day!

(I used the wrapping tape trick to get the lines straight!)
I had the day off work on Thursday and decided I'd risk it and have a wander round Meadowhall for the afternoon...

I missed a tram by seconds (I actually ran for it and got there as it closed its doors... boo!) so waited for the next one. We didn't even get as far as the next stop as a car ran a red light and the tram hit it!

I saw it happen (the tram honked it's horn) and just saw the car fly through the air and felt the tram shudder. Luckily, the guy in the car got out - but as you can see his car was a bit worse for wear!

It was a little bit surreal and I'm glad nobody was hurt as it could have been a lot worse.
I decided to get the bus to Meadowhell as I was a bit wired (maybe I should have seen it all as a sign not to go!) and ended my day with a few dishes from Yo! Sushi as they have an offer on some of their plates on a Thursday.

I was a little disappointed with the food as the veggie noodles came with a piece of chicken on them... Nice! And the veg gyoza were cooked to within an inch of their lives! I'd also been craving mochi forever and they took my order and said it would be a few minutes... About 10 minutes later they came and told me it wasn't defrosted. Sad tummy :(

What have you all been up to this week? :)

10 comments:

  1. i am in love with yo sushi!! seriously me and my boyfriend live for it lol.
    That tram crash looks bad :| soo glad no one was hurt.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. £1.50 for tulips! What a bargain, they look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly - I love yo! sushi usually - was just a little disappointed this time round :(

    Cherry - I know! They have lasted so well and such a pretty, delicate colour!

    Laura - Thank you! :) I am a bit sad I'm in work tomorrow so will have to get rid of them :( x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm the miso soup looks delicous! Goodness, I'm glad no one was hurt in the crash! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's silly because i dont actually like sushi, i have the hot foods. but i LOVE Yo sushi!! The food is amazing, plus we dont have it down where i live i have to travel like 60miles for the nearest one lol.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie - The miso soup was probably the best bit! I'm slightly addicted to it and have finally bought some sachets of it that are vegan friendly (so no fishy powder in it! I'm not vegan, just a bit... Fussy!) x

    Holly - I didn't actually have any sushi the last couple of times I've been to sushi places! I love all the other stuff :) yum yum! 60 miles! That's dedication! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, wouldn't quite put it as dedication. We usually only go shopping where there is a yo sushi now! The noodles are gorgeous there though, well worth the car journey! haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your nails! I love them! I thought about the video for Bowie's "Life on Mars"... except as nail polish. GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Lisa - I know what you mean! :)

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...