Saturday, 18 June 2011

Top 5 Beauty Items - June ♥

Hooray, it's the weekend! :)

So, I did this feature for the first time last month and have been getting quite excited about doing it again!

I've got quite a few products I've been trying out too, so we'll see if they make next months list!

Onwards with this months!

My June Top 5!
Tangle Teezer

If you know me in real life, you will know that my hair changes quite often. I year or two ago, after having short hair for most of my life, I tried to grow it. It took forever and I didn't keep it long for any great amount of time.


While I did have it long, I did discover that it got damaged easier (or maybe as there was more of it, I noticed it more!). I came across the Tangle Teezer after reading about it in magazines and decided to try it out.

I have to say, believe the hype!

I use it now when I get out of the shower and it just makes dangling your hair so much easier! They is hardly any hair on the brush as it doesn't rip it out like some do!

It's quite pricey at around £10, but you can get it on Amazon and eBay for cheaper if you look around.

As it's made of plastic, it's very durable and will last (probably!) forever as it is moulded as one whole brush, so no chance of the bristles falling out or anything like that!
Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover

I have finally found what I would regard as the best eye make up remover!

Having tried most products, I wipe, rub and even scrub my eyes to get rid of my mascara and no matter what (even if it looks like all traces have gone!) I wake up in the morning looking like a sleepy panda :(

 I'd read other reviews of it which seemed positive, I thought I would give it a go. Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on skincare, as they often do, so it seemed like a good opportunity (note: the 3 for 2 offer is still on!). It is normally priced at £3.05 a bottle.

The bottle looks pretty as it has two parts to the liquid which separate. You give the bottle a good shake and they combine.

The eye make up remover really does do the trick! For the first morning ever, I woke up with clean eyes!

The product is slightly oily, but quite light at the same time. It quickly absorbs into your skin, leaving no residue. The product also doesn't sting your eyes or make you feel like you have double vision/have gone blind - which is always a bonus!

I will definitely be sticking to this - I'm so happy I tried it out!

I have suffered from bad skin/acne since I was about 11 years old. I'm now 26 and although my skin is noway as bad as it was when I was in my teens, I do still get spots which is quite depressing as I hoped I would grow out of them!

During my teens I was prescribed all kinds of medication, including anti-biotics, lotions and potions. It was a bit trial and error (mostly error unfortunately) but the one thing that did give me results was the PanOxyl.

I stopped using it for several years and then rediscovered it recently. 

You only need to use a tiny amount and it dries up spots/helps them heal and shrinks open pores. I use it on my chin and nose mainly, once or twice a week. It definitely improves my skin.

There is a slightly negative side to using it, you have to be VERY careful with the product. It contains benzoyl peroxide, which can bleach things (when I lived at home I ruined ALL of my bedding and my Mums towels!) so you need to wait until it's fully dried and wash your hands thoroughly. I only use it at night too as you can't really wear make up over it very easily.

It can also burn your skin/dry it out. I avoid using it everyday to stop this.

You can buy PanOxyl over the counter in pharmacies (eg Boots) for about £4. I would recommend using the 2.5 strength as anything higher can leave you looking like you have radiation burns (I experienced this when I was prescribed it!)

Apart from that, it is a fab product. I have tried just about every product available to combat spots and this really does help!


As you may have read in my May Top 5 Beauty Items post that I have started using the LUSH I Love Juicy shampoo. Since using the product, I have stopped using conditioner after every wash.

I have started using this product once or twice a week, to give my hair a little treat and condition!

The conditioner smells absolutely gorgeous - a bit like Amaretto. Yum!

It makes my hair nice and soft and doesn't weigh it down. It also quite light so doesn't make it greasy, which good!You only need to use a tiny blob too so the bottle will last a while!

The product is also paraben free, no artificial colours or synthetic fragrances and is 88% organic content. The bottle is also made of 50% post consumer recycled material.

It is quite pricey, at around £10. I bought it in TK Maxx for under £5.


I don't have much in the way of eyebrows. I'm not really sure what happened when it came to my eyebrows - I have dark hair but naturally thin and very light brows.

For the past 8 years or so I have used eyebrow pencils, but as my Mum has commented, they make me look like an old lady :-S I know they don't look very natural and I wanted to find something that did.

About 6 months ago I tried threading for the first time and if you haven't yet had your brows threaded, I would thoroughly recommend it.

The lady who did mine somehow managed to create eyebrows with shape and definition out of essentially, nothing!

Since having them done, I thought I'd try something different to colour/fill them in and came across the ELF Cosmetics eyebrow kit.

The kit has a powder and wax to help define your brows. The brow kit actually makes my eyebrows look natural and dark as the powder clings to the hairs and fills while the wax gives them shape.

I won't be going back to my granny pencil ;)

The kit cost £3.50, so is very good value and will last for a long time!

6 comments:

  1. I love Tangle Teezers!! I have a sparkly purple one and it saves me so much time in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Tangle Teezers, couldn't live without my sparkly purple one now! No more stress when it comes to brushing my hair! So great on wet hair!!
    Martha XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh very useful post! I like to see what other people use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tangle teezers, theyre especially great when im in the hairdressers having my colour done as it makes my scalp tickle/itch and the teezer deals with that!

    I also suffer with acne still at 22 after having been prescribed dalacin t and erythromycin but nothing works! gonna find this wonder gel you have! :)

    www.bijouxdolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the tangle teezer!! My ends have been getting really tangled (mainly because they just need to be chopped off ASAP!) haha I'm gonna look for that cream, too. I'm 27 and being on birth control keeps my skin pretty clear, but I do have the occasional spot (usually from ew products) so frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments!

    The tangle teezers seem to be popular with everyone who's tried them! :)

    Hope the cream works for you if you try it :)

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...