Saturday, 30 July 2011

Indola Innova Challenge!

I was contacted by the lovely Louise at Immediate PR to see if I'd like to take part in a challenge and I jumped at the chance! :)
 The challenge was to replicate a specific "look" using hair styling products from Indola's new hair range "Innova"; I chose to replicate the New Fifties!

As my hair is fairly short, I usually stick to one style - side parting, blow dry, done!

I thought I'd try something a bit different to go along with the them and attempted a quiff with a bit of volume.

To begin with, I used the Indola Innova Hairthickening Elixer whilst blow drying my hair backwards. It gave my hair some extra oomph and my hair felt thicker than it's usual limpness and looked shiny.

Once my hair was dried I used the Indola Innova Volumising Powder and worked it through the top of my hair to create some texture and extra volume.

As a side note, I have to admit that this stuff is absolutely amazing! I was a little apprehensive about using it as it is a white powder (and I've had disasters in the past using white dry shampoo and looking like I've been doing the dusting, with my head!) but it blended in so easily! You only need the tiniest amount and you get instant volume and texture. It's fab for my short hair and I'll be using it lots!

Finally, I used the Indola Innova Wax to give my style some shine and definition as well as some hold at the sides.

I finished the hairstyle off with a couple of red flower clips at the sides.

Who said quiffs were just for Elvis? ;)
To complete the Fifties look I didn't have to look too far in my wardrobe and dug out one of my favourite dresses and added some bright accessories :)

Spotty Dress with Peter Pan Collar: F&F at Tesco
Seamed Tights: Primark
Mustard Mary Jane Heels: Topshop via Ebay
Detailing of the dress!
All ready to go out!
Close up of the seamed tights!
Detailing on the Mary Jane Heels :)
Hair Before!
Hair After! And silly face ;)

2 comments:

  1. You really really suit that style! And I have to say, I'm not a mustard-colour fan (or of the food funnily enough) but those shoes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...