Sunday, 31 July 2011

Top 5 Beauty Items - July ♥

I can't quite believe that we're in August next week!
I thought I'd do my July installment of my Top 5 Beauty Items!

My July Top 5!

I have been using this mascara for probably about a year now? Maybe longer! It's a staple in my make up bag and I wouldn't buy anything else!

The mascara doesn't clump and looks very natural but can be built up for a bolder effect. The pictures I have included below are from just one coat.

The mascara doesn't budge and doesn't need re-applying throughout the day.

It's about £8 to buy, but I usually stock up on it in Boots when they have their 3 for 2 offers on!

Note: As the mascara contains sweet almond oil, it's not suitable for people who have nut allergies!
Before!
After!

I bought this a few weeks ago in the Topshop flagship store on Oxford Street. I was perusing the make up section as they have a really good selection in there and came across this.

I liked the idea that it was in stick form rather than a powder or tube and it looks pretty robust for shoving in your make up bag on the go!
The shade itself is a lovely, subtle highlighter. It gives you a natural sheen. It isn't glittery, which is always a bonus! ;)

The product blends well and has good staying power.

The product itself cost £10 but as you can see from the size (I've only partially twisted it up in this picture!) it will last a long time.

It's so easy to use and has now found its place into my day to day make-up bag :)
With flash.
Without flash.


I'd read rave reviews about this product so thought that I would give it a go and I was not disappointed!

It has a really thick consistency, which doesn't end up everywhere but you! The scrub "particles" are a nice density and size... I know that probably makes no sense at all but basically, they aren't too big and scratchy, but not so small that it doesn't feel like you are being "exfoliated"! ;)

The scrub also is of a fab consistency that doesn't just slide off immediately down the plug hole in the shower!

It does shower off easily, when you want it to and leaves you with lovely, soft feeling skin afterwards :)
Oh how I wish smell-o-vision had been invented! The scrub has a delicious maple syrup scent to it that makes you want to eat it! I really do struggle trying not to!

The product is quite pricey at £9.45 a tub, but I think it's worth it as it'll last a while. Boots often have it on their 3 for 2 offers too :)

A cult beauty item? I don't think I really need to say a lot about this, but I LOVE it!

It is one of those products that once you try, there is no going back to your old lip balm! Nothing else seems to measure up to it. Even in the winter, when my lips get really dried out, Carmex is my saviour!

It also contains SPF, which is another benefit all year round!

At around £2.69 for a tub, you really can't go wrong!

This is another product I picked up recently and I'm already impressed with the results!

I was looking into getting some kind of product with Argan/Moroccan Oil in it (and kicking myself a little that I didn't buy any when I visited Morocco!!) but a lot of the products around containing it are quite pricey.

I saw this on offer in Superdrug for £2.99, so thought I'd give it a shot (it's priced around £4.99 usually).

As you may have read in my previous Top 5 Beauty Items in May I have started to use just shampoo and no conditioner which has been fine, but I was looking for something to use every now and then to condition my hair.

This is absolutely fab! I was a little apprehensive about putting oil onto my hair, as it does get greasy. It doesn't weigh my hair down or make it any greasier. My hair is looking in even better condition and is a lot softer. My hair also looks a lot better now if I have a shower the night before (early starts at work, I like my sleep!) and I don't have to cover it up!

The bottle is fairly small, but I can see it lasting a very long time as you only need to use a few drops which you dispense via a little pippet!

A definite thumbs up from me :)

3 comments:

  1. Love love love breakfast scrub! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrub sounds like something I need to buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, that breakfast scrub...I can smell it now, maple syrup is truly one of the scrummiest smells ever.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...