Saturday, 3 September 2011

Trip to London to see Pulp

So, I've been AWOL, once again!

I've had a few days off from my first job but have started my first week in my second job at Lush!

Mid-week, I booked some time off to go down to London with Mr Pinklittlebean to see Pulp at Brixton Academy!

I've seen Jarvis Cocker randomly a couple of times, once at Brixton Academy 10 years ago in the crowd at an Eels gig and the other time was a few years ago in Sheffield at the O2 Academy opening night. He was stood behind us (he did a dj set later on) and I was too shy to ask to have my picture with him...!
As I had a couple of days off, I went down earlier in the day to make the most of the mini trip to London! I didn't have any lunch as I was saving myself for this bad boy!

I've got the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook and had seen the cheesecake brownie recipe in there. I made the trip to the shop in Soho and it was well worth it! (I'm also glad I didn't have any lunch as this nearly finished me off!!)
I did a bit of window shopping around Covent Garden (and had my compulsory trip to Cyber Candy to pick up a few goodies!!) and Carnaby Street. I also oggled over all the lovely things in the Vivienne Westwood Shop on Conduit Street :)

I had a giftcard for Wagamama so popped in there for my tea before I met Mr Pinklittlebean at St Pancras. I actually love veggie gyoza and got a kids portion of noodles as I didn't think I'd manage an adults portion after my big lunch!
Ticket! :) Managed to have my chewing gum confiscated! Was getting a little worried that they would also take my Cyber Candy stash off me (Willy Wonka Nerds and Cherry Jolly Ranchers, plus some presents!) I think if they had I would have just stood there and eaten them all :P
Outside - I love it when they have the sign up of who's playing!
I LOVED the lighting. I also loved the lazers at the beginning... Would you like to see a dolphin? 
 I love Jarvis.
 
I thought that they were absolutely fantastic, I'm so glad we made the trip to go! I had forgotten how many songs of theirs I like! Fingers crossed they'll actually play a show in Sheffield! :)
I went home a little later the following day so decided to have a trip to the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaurs! :)
I think this was a giant sloth dinosaur thing. It looked pretty awesome.
I did have a complete fail moment as I hadn't charged my ipod... I'd usually just have it in so I'm in my own little world... Unfortunately I had to join the "real world" and listen to all the blimmin children whining and wailing. Not so fun but I enjoyed the museum! :)

Here's a little bit of Pulp that I filmed, not amazing quality, but enjoy Jarvis (and his dancing!) :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh soo cool!! I love Pulp :) I really miss going to concerts, I hope we have some good ones soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulp are my favourite band! I remember buying their first album on casette when I was 7 :) happy memories

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...