Sunday, 1 January 2012

The Bullring Selfridges Bloggers Event 08/12/11

A few weeks ago I received an email inviting me
along to a bloggers event at Selfridges at The Bullring in Birmingham.

Apart from bloggers meet ups I'd never been to any events organised specifically for bloggers, so I jumped at the chance to go!

I'd also got a couple of weeks off work so thought going over to Birmingham for the day would be a nice way to spend my time off! :)
We had a wander around the Bullring mainly as the weather in Birmingham/the UK in general that day was pretty horrendous! I didn't really fancy venturing outside!

I spotted a bubble tea stall in the Bullring so couldn't resist having one! :) I had lychee green tea with black tea tapioca balls and a mixture of flavours of popping bubbles! It was very tasty and really refreshing! If you've never tried bubble tea, you should! :)
My Mum chose a milky one with coconut black tea and the same black tea tapioca balls and popping bubbles - again, it was lovely!
We stopped off at Yo Sushi for lunch and I had my favourite - edamame beans! I could probably eat these forever...!
Another Clare favourite: veggie gyoza! :)
Yummy veggie noodles...
Mochi! :) If you haven't tried mochi before, you should. It's not like anything I have eaten before! It's strangely addictive! And I like it in my tummy :)
And so onto the event itself!...

I was greeted by the lovely Emma & Rachael (and some yummy fizz & canapes!) in the Moët Bar in Selfridges, which was very swish.
We were given a short presentation on up and coming trends to look out for!
Keeping in theme with "White Christmas" (and my favourite things, skulls!) a very glam Alexander McQueen clutch. (Only available at Selfridges)
I love the tiny skull detail on the McQueen tie.
I love the rose gold detailing on the Mulberry bag.
How cute is this tiny Prada bag?
I loved these Gucci 70s disco inspired shoes. The colours are gorgeous and rich so perfect for the Winter.
I think these are the kind of Jimmy Choos I need! Snow boots!
Gorgeous dress by Vivienne Westwood.
The Xmas decorations in Selfridges are always eye catching! This years remind me of the parades you see in New York.
My token McQueen skull scarf shot! I don't think I'd be able to decide on a colour, they are all so stunning.
This was my favourite mens trend on show in Selfridges. I like the simplicity of it with the small details, like the punch out detail on the brogues or the tie...
My favourite tie by Alexander McQueen! (Only available at Selfridges)
We were told that this was the only white Burberry trench coat left and the few that they have had in have been snapped up. They are only available to buy from Selfridges.
We were then taken for some glorious Italian treats in Rosso Pomodoro!

I'd seen Rosso Pomodoro earlier on in the day when we were in the food hall of Selfridges and thought it looked very enticing. Not only did it look nice, the food tasted absolutely gorgeous!
Some of the goodies we got to savour! (Cameras poised, cue obligatory food shots!)
The bruschetta was probably the nicest I have ever eaten, it was just delicious!
L-R Sunny from Wardrobe Mag, Sarah from Diva Diaries and Emma from Fashion Mommy (and me!) - have a peek at their blogs, they are fab and they are all lovely ladies too! :)
 For the final part of the evening we all got to choose a beauty treatment. Mine was a beauty consultation with Estée Lauder.


I have never actually tried any of their products but have of course heard about the cult following for the double wear foundation, so was quite excited to find out what all the fuss is about!
The beauty adviser, Danielle was really friendly and so enthusiastic about the products. I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to "skin care" itself and she gave me advice, without being patronising. I will try and avoid using facewipes all the time!

Throughout the consultation she gave me tips which will come in handy!
The final look! It was a shame we had to drive straight back to Sheffield after! I was all made up with nowhere to go! (but bed!)
We were given a very generous goodie bag and were truly spoilt at the event.

I had such a lovely time and it was great to meet some new and familiar faces!

Thank you so much to Emma & Rachael for inviting me to the event and organising it! :)


You can also follow Selfridges on Twitter!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fab time, all the McQueen goodies are divine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its sounds great,the drinks looks great,would love to try them.
    good to hear you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I basically want to live in the Bullring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great day :D

    www.missmathful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey .. Your blog is ace :) defo a fan so was nice to meet you and I hope I managed to convert you to Estée Lauder hehe next time your in Selfridges would be lovely to see u again pop over and say hi :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey .. Your blog is ace :) defo a fan so was nice to meet you and I hope I managed to convert you to Estée Lauder hehe next time your in Selfridges would be lovely to see u again pop over and say hi :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...