Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Trip to Liverpool March 2012

Last Monday, my Mum & I took a little trip over to Liverpool.
We were really lucky as the weather had been really pleasant!
Mum had got a Groupon voucher for one of the Days Inn Hotels in the city centre so we had an overnight stay. The hotel was actually really nice, clean and quiet (considering we were in the centre and right next door to the train station!)
I really liked the bathroom but couldn't get a decent picture so here's one of the sink...
My mind was totally blown by the mini TV screens in the beer pumps so I took a photo and sent it to Mr Pinklittlebean who told me I was out of touch as they're all over the place now... Sigh!
I liked this pubs sign...!
Mum and I fancied going somewhere for a drink and ended up in the Hard Days Night Hotel to do the touristy thing but we looked at the drinks menu and it was awesome so stayed for a couple!
Daq in the USSR

Havana Club Especial, Lime and Gingerbread Syrup shaken and served in a Vanilla Sugar rimmed glass.

I chose this as my first drink and it was AMAZING! I wanted to drink it forever...
Hendricks Riff

Lashings of Hendricks Gin mixed together with Chase Elderflower Liqueur, Fresh Cucumber and Fresh Pressed Apple Juice.

I decided to try something different for my second drink, so went for this as it had gin in and it didn't disappoint! It was really refreshing!
Jubbly Bubbly

Skyy Passion Fruit Vodka, Raspberry Liqueur, Fresh Lemon Juice and Sugar Syrup. Served over crushed ice and topped up with Prosecco and a Seasonal Fruit Garnish.

Mum chose this as her first drink, it was lovely bubbly and fruity!
Yellow Matter Custard

Hibiscus Flowers, Vanilla Schnapps, Rhubarb Liqueur and Hibiscus Syrup mixed together and poured gently with Sparkling Wine.

For Mums second drink she chose this. It really did taste of rhubarb and custard!
Some of the hotels posters.
I got excited as we spotted a few of the SuperLambBananas instantly! I visited my friend Claire in Liverpool several years ago and we ended up on a mini mission to find the huge SuperLambBanana....
I think that they look awesome!
After these three I only spotted another one that was silver, outside of a jewellers. I think I need to investigate where they all are!
Later that day, we went for afternoon tea with another Groupon voucher Mum had got for Franklins Deli.
We got a really nice selection of food and the girls asked if we had any preferences which was great as I don't eat meat and don't like egg either (I am a total fusspot to be honest!) So they catered for us brilliantly!
Yummy sandwiches!
Tea and fizz! :)

We spent the rest of the day shopping and had a trip to IKEA on the way home. I had a lovely time and can't wait to go back!


3 comments:

  1. WOW! The screen on the pump, Thats blown my mind; I've never seen one before! Love the pub sign as
    well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a screeen in a pump.. our town is way out of touch anyways.haha I;d of taken a picture too! Pub sign is brilliant! And I'd deff hold them to it.haha
    Looks like you had a great getaway. I've never been to Liverpool, but may have to take a trip as do hear good things. :)
    Caroline.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, i love posts like these, more more more. you need to travel the world more often and show us your pics. those mini tv on the beer pumps are out of this world
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...