Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions Review

For the past 16 years or so, my skin has caused me a lot of problems.

I have had acne since I was about 11. When I was about 3 years old, I was sat on the bus with my Mum when we lived in London and a teenager with bad skin got on the bus. Apparently I proceeded to shout "look Mum! That ones got spots!" for the duration of the journey. Oops! I think I was dealt a big dose of karma.

Anyway, my skin has got progressively worse again and I sent out a plea on twitter to see if anyone could recommend anything for adult acne. It seems that brands focus a lot on teen products, which are really quite harsh (and in my experience, can make the problem worse!)

I had some great feedback and tips on what to try. The lovely Laura contacted me to see if I'd like to try out Burt's Bees Anti-Blemish Solutions range, which I jumped at the chance!
I loved the Burt's Bees bag that they came in. I'll be using this as my washbag for travelling!
The collection!


Burts' Bees' Anti-Blemish Purifying Daily Cleanser is scientifically proven to help wash away blemish causing bacteria, excess oil and impurities without over-drying or irritating skin. Salicylic Acid, derived naturally from Willow Bark Extract, penetrates pores to help reduce blemishes and prevent future breakouts. Evening Primrose and Beet Root Extracts help care for troubled skin resulting in clear and healthy-looking skin, naturally. Dermatologist tested. Noncomedogenic.

Burt's Bees' Anti-Blemish Pore Refining Scrub is scientifically proven to exfoliate dead skin cells while refining the appearance of pores without over-drying or irritating skin. Salicylic Acid, derived naturally from Willow Bark Extract, penetrates deep into pores to help reduce blemishes and prevent future breakouts. Formulated with Jojoba Beads and a natural Fruit Acid Complex, to provide gentle exfoliation resulting in refined, clear and smooth skin, naturally. Dermatologist tested. Noncomedogenic.

Burt's Bees' Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Toner removes lingering traces of cleanser and residual dirt, oil and make-up. Salicylic Acid, sourced naturally from Willow Bark Extract, penetrates pores to help reduce acne, and Witch Hazel and Lemongrass Extracts to clarify and calm troubled skin, naturally.

Burt's Bees' Anti-Blemish Daily Moisturising Lotion is scientifically proven to protect against blemishes without irritating skin. Formulated with Lemongrass, Witch Hazel, Golden Seal and Hops to help reduce redness, resulting in smooth and healthy-looking skin, naturally. Dermatologist tested. Noncomedogenic.

This natural spot treatment is scientifically proven to help reduce and improve the appearance of blemishes without irritating skin. Formulated with Tea Tree, Calendula, Yarrow and Parsley Extracts to help care for troubled skin and reduce redness and Borage Extract to promote healthy skin resulting in clean and smooth skin, naturally. Dermatologist tested. Noncomedogenic.

Review

I have been using the products for around 6 weeks now as I wanted to give a fair review and a chance for the products to work.

The first thing that I was impressed by was that all of the products are between 99.4% and 100% natural.

I switched my shampoos last year to a Lush one and my hair is in much better condition, is thicker and grows faster. I think this has a lot to do with what I'm putting on it not being full of chemicals.

I hoped that the same would benefit my skin!

The first time I used all the products together I found that my skin actually felt "clean". It wasn't dried out and tight and it looked brighter.

I had read elsewhere that people had experience more spots in the first week of using the products and I will agree that this was the case for me also, but I stuck with it and they cleared up pretty quickly!

I liked getting into a proper routine with my skin. I have to admit that I am very lazy when it comes to skincare (which is possibly why my skin isn't that great too!) I use a face wash in the shower but when it comes to bedtime, I usually just use a face wipe.

The cleanser felt quite delicate and non-harsh on my skin. I quite like the smell of it.

I use the scrub once or twice a week and it's quite creamy on your skin and doesn't feel too abrasive, which is always nice! My skin felt quite nourished after using the scrub because of the creaminess.

I have never really used toners before, so using the toner was quite a surprise (a nice one!) because of the way it made my skin feel after cleansing. I like how it almost clarifies your skin and makes it feel "normal" after washing. I usually have scorching hot showers so it's a nice treat to put on afterwards.

The moisturiser was lovely and light and easily absorbed. I use about a pump and a half of the moisturiser. It didn't feel sticky or greasy on my skin and my skin doesn't get too oily after using it.

Finally, the spot treatment is brilliant. I use cotton ear buds to apply it to my skin. It has quite a strong smell to it, but it isn't unpleasant (I quite like it!). You only need a tiny amount to apply to blemishes and it works it's magic. It helped my spots, without drying them out or making them redder.

I would whole heartily recommend the Burt's Bees products for anyone suffering from adult acne. The products didn't dry out my skin and didn't feel harsh, unlike some products on the market.

I found that you didn't need to use a huge amount of the product, so they would last a long time. I've hardly made a dent in mine and I have used them everyday for the past 6 weeks.

 I found the products to help improve my skin and get into a proper skincare routine.

More information is available from the Burt's Bees Website.

Thank you to Laura for sending me the products!


 





9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I've been dealing with acne since I was in middle school. I've tried everything but not this yet. What exactly was your regimen?
    Thanks,
    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Burt's Bees. As a fellow acne sufferer I feel your pain. These sound good though, I'll take a look at these products x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do i have to buy the whole range for me to see it's efficacy? i love the fact that they are non-comedogenic as that is what dermatologists in NYC had advised me to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been umming and ahhing over this toner for a while! Thanks for the insight, I think you've swayed me!
    Great post xx

    ReplyDelete

  5. The Acne Solutions That Works Click On THe Link

    To Remove Acne Naturally Click On The Link

    For Permanent Acne Removal Click On This Link

    To Get Rid Of Acne Forever Click On The Above Link

    For Permanent Acne Treatment Click On This Link

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this great article i gathered lots of useful information onskin clinic delhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used this entire range, and it improved my skin only for a tiny bit. :) The moisturizer gives me little colorless spots on my cheeks though. And the scrub leaves a film even after thorough rinsing. :(

    Anyway, everything is made of chemicals, sweetie :) I'm a chemist! It actuall irks me if people say if something has chemicals in it then it is bad. That's just wrong. Everything has chemicals in it, it's just that these chemicals can either be natural (derived from plant or animal sources) or synthetic (made by scientists in the lab).

    Good day and love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Acne is one of the worlds most common skin conditions, affecting adolescents and adults. It is a widespread and tortured condition, which can fabricate lifelong being and emotional scarring. There is considerable variation in types and degrees of acne treatment birmingham scars, but each and every one single one share the emotional turmoil this condition causes. Scars may be flat or depressed and red, white or willing skin color. They may be fairly ably localized or generalized. They may see worse due to volume loss asleep the skin from aging, and may be recent or pass.http://rejuven8skinclinic.co.uk/treatments/Acne/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Burt’s bee products are really good as I have tried some of these. They are good for keeping your skin radiant and healthy but in case you have developed lines and wrinkles then try out Botox Oxford which gives a smooth and wrinkle free skin.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...