Friday, 25 May 2012

Trip To London May 2012

On Sunday night, my Mum and I travelled down to London for a brief visit.

I really wanted to see the Damien Hirst exhibition at the Tate and we also wanted to catch the Body Worlds exhibit at the Natural History Museum too.

The Damien Hirst exhibition was pretty awesome. I was really looking forward to catching a glimpse of the "For The Love Of God" exhibit (THAT skull!) and it didn't disappoint.

I was literally in awe. It's really quite spectacular to see. If you're in London you should definitely check it out (it's free to see the skull too!)

The rest of the exhibition was pretty special too. I'm glad we managed to get along to see it.

We also saw the Boetti exhibition which is on there too. It's also really interesting.

We managed to fit in seeing the Body Worlds Animals exhibition at the Natural History Museum, which is absolutely fascinating. I went to the Body Worlds one at the O2 a few years ago and my mind was truly blown by it. I wish I'd seen something like it when I was at school as I think I would have been a lot more interested in science!

As well as going to see all of the exhibitions we were hoping to, we also drank a few cocktails...
When we arrived, we went straight to Adventure Bar in Covent Garden. We'd been before and really enjoyed it and loved the atmosphere. Mum had bought a Living Social deal for cocktails in there.

If you go in, I recommend the "Fallen Angel" cocktail. It is probably one of the nicest ones I have EVER tried! :) 

We also tried to find the new Sailor Jerry Bar but it was shut :(
I had a London Mule (RUM!)
Mum had a fruity crushed ice style daquiri and it was really refreshing.
I satisfied my sweet tooth and Hello Kitty obsession in one hit!!
I love the bright colours :)
Mum had got another group buying style voucher for Vertigo 42...
Check out the view!
I had a lychee belini (I lurrve lychees!)
We also had some very posh nibbles!
Couldn't resist a Krispy Kreme donut for the bus journey home :)


 

4 comments:

  1. ohhh sounds like you had a good time! I was going to go see the Damien Hirst exhibtion the other week but i didn't have enough time! So there's like Hello Kitty Macaroons?! That is amazing! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. those macaroons look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely trip :) I'd love to have some quality girly time like this with my mum. I am in total AWE over the Hello Kitty Laduree collaboration!! They are two of my most favourite things combined!! :( I wish I could visit london for a box right now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an epic visit, so jealous of the Hello Kitty box!!

    http://unique-sparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...