Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Mini Round Up 26/06/12

I've had a busy few weeks once again so I'm spending today catching up on some blogging!

I came across a couple of old pictures at Mum's I thought I'd share...
Me and my brother when he was a baby! (Me with ombred hair!)
I love this picture! It would have been taken in about 1990ish at one of our village's fetes.
I worked on the merch stall for Tragedy (All Metal Tribute To The Bee Gees) when they played in Sheffield. They are hilarious and I had a really fun night! :)
I've watched a bit of the football. We went out a couple of Saturdays ago to watch one of the games and catch up with our friend who was up visiting from London. What started as a quiet night ended up with me over doing it on jaeger bombs and going to bed at about half 3 in the morning. I felt absolutely awful on the Sunday and had to stay up for the next 24 hours as I had a sleep deprived EEG on the Monday. Eurgh!

This is photographic evidence of why I should not be administered Jaegermister. Ever.
I was rather lucky last week as the sunshine was out on my day off! I sat in the garden for a bit, as did Trevor our tortoise and Alfie our dog!
I've done quite a lot of reading recently too. I caved in and bought a second hand Kindle. I'd wanted one for quite a while but couldn't really justify spending so much on one.

I saw one in the window of CEX and decided to go for it and I'm so glad I did - I love it! I have to leave an hour and a half to get into work so it's a lifesaver for the long bus and tram journeys!

I'm currently reading Paul O'Grady's autobiography.

Do you have any recommendations of books to download?
Last Thursday Mr Pinklittlebean asked me to see if I wanted to go and see Watch The Throne (Jay Z and Kanye West) at the arena in Sheffield. I said yes please!

The gig was absolutely awesome. It was definitely one of the best I've been to this year!
I went out for a quick drink on Saturday night for my friends 30th Birthdays. I didn't manage to get an OOTD picture but I decided to wear heels for once and here's the photographic evidence!
Yesterday evening after work, I went along to Eccy Road in Sheffield to catch a glimpse of the Olympic Torch as it passed through.

One of my brothers friends; Hannah Daykin was a torch bearer so I thought it would be nice if we could cheer her along!

There was a little boy next to us in the crowds and he'd got a dress up policeman's hat on. One of the policemen on their bikes stopped and lifted him up onto his bike (picture above!) - it was like something out of a movie! Very sweet!

The atmosphere was buzzing and had a real community feel to it :)
This is Hannah and the torch!

Hannah's Father suffers from PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy) which is a degenerative brain disease. There is no cause and no cure. There is very little information about PSP and Hannah is trying to raise awareness of the cruel disease.

The gentleman in the wheelchair is Hannah's Father. I don't think she was expecting him to be there to see her so it was such a lovely thing to witness. I'm sure he is very proud of her as were all the people who were there!

1 comment:

  1. Omg that picture of the Policeman and the boy just melted my heart a little!!

    And I love that pic of WTT (which was bloody amazing btw)- show your diamonds!

    Sunny
    Wardrobe x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...