Saturday, 11 August 2012

Mini Round Up 11/08/12


Things what I have been up to...
I've found my new favourite iphone app - Monki Mi!
I went to York a couple of weeks ago to meet my friend Claire and see We Are Scientists in the evening... I lol-ed at this!
We found a place in York that did bubble tea so I couldn't not have one!
Claire and I at the Duchess in York. Me looking a bit sweaty!
I NEED this Lazy Oaf dress in my life...
Caved in to the stud trend and got these from Matalan. I like that they're just studded on the toes...
ROFL-ing at Boris! Have you seen the gif?
Last weekend I went to Sheftival with my Mum. There was a really nice atmosphere. We caught a few bands including The Beat and Toots and the Maytals! We also managed to hop aboard the Busker's Barge and catch a couple of bands (including Ryan Wilson in the picture above) which was a cool experience.
There were lots of activities over the Sheftival weekend. I caught up with a friend who was working with Sheffield Galleries and got to make myself a printed Day of the Dead skull bag. It's actually teeny in real life so I'm going to use it for my packed lunch! :)
There was lots of food stalls (including the awesome Street Food Chef - their burritos rock) I couldn't resist an ice slushie thing...
The event was held at Don Valley stadium in Sheffield, so the crowd got quite excited when it was announced that Jessica Ennis had won gold at the Olympics! I loved this tweet from Our Cow Molly!
I haven't actually been watching the Olympics (but have been keeping an eye on results!) I like that Yorkshire is doing well! :)
I met my friend Alice and her little boy in the week and we went to "Sheffield by the Sea" at the Peace Gardens as it was lovely and warm! They had sand pits, a helter skelter, beach huts and other fun fair games. Her little one loved it and I enjoyed a little paddle in the fountains!
On Tuesday night I went and saw Fat Freddy's Drop at Plug in Sheffield. They played a 2 hour set and were incredible! If you get the chance to see them, go go go!
I also spotted loads of cool graffiti I'd not seen before...
Twitter has been making me giggle...
On Friday night I went over to Nottingham after work to see Head Automatica. They're one of my favourite bands so I was pretty excited! :)
I couldn't believe how teeny the Rescue Rooms is as a venue, but I really liked it! I'd only been in there years ago for a drink. The gig was really good. I'm glad I went along to it! I was a bit worried about going on my tod, but luckily bumped into one of my brothers friends so had some people to hand out with :)
And! I had a total fan girl moment afterwards as I met Daryl Palumbo! I was a bit of a dork and lost the ability to speak but he was very nice! :) :D
I look awful in this picture but I thought it was funny :)


2 comments:

  1. Aww, some lovely pictures and moments! :)
    I nearly bought that Matalan shoes!! I may have return and purchase now.lol
    Caroline.x

    starsandthebutterflies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matalan do seem to have some treasures! :)

      Clare x

      Delete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...