Sunday, 5 August 2012

My Perfume Collection


I'm always interested in having a look at what perfumes other bloggers like and so thought I'd share my collection with you...
A tip I picked up from working in Lush, is if you're smelling a perfume, don't sniff the perfume immediately after spraying it. Cover it with your hand and allow a few moments before you smell, otherwise you won't get the proper scent :)
Alexander McQueen MyQueen Light Mist
As befits its name, this fragrance is above all others, omnipotent, mysterious, rich, powerful and intoxicating. Like Cleopatra, one of the most famous Queens in history, it is sensual and beautiful, an exotic and luminous scent. It very much embodies the multi-faceted nature of McQueen as a designer and was created on four instead of three sensory levels meaning it is has a real kaleidoscope of scents and is a perfume of tremendous depth. The first level has almond and violets, then orange, white musk, heliotrope, and white flowers. Patchouli, cedar and vetiver come through and finally iris and vanilla.

This perfume is unlike anything I've smelt before. It reminds me of parma violets in the best way possible! You smell it and you can smell lots of things but find it hard to distinguish between them. I really like it. I adore the bottle too and the iridescent sheen to it!
Cacharel Amor Amor
Cacharel Amor Amor is a dazzling fruity floral love potion that seduces from the beginning. Amor Amor is a rounded fragrance with an open structure where each ingredient is expressed equally from start to finish. The fruit top notes of Pink Grapefruit, Blood Orange and smooth Mandarin – usually so fleeting and ephemeral – now linger throughout the whole fragrance like a whispered secret between two lovers. The heart notes echo and reaffirm the top notes through the introduction of a rare Indonesian Jasmine called "Melati", a velvety soft flower with a scent reminiscent of fresh and warm Apricots. To complete the seduction, Cedar, Sandalwood and Ambergris lend sensuality, intensity and warmth.

This is an old favourite of mine! It's one of the first perfumes I ever bought and I still like it! It's fruity and quite unusual.
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom is a light-hearted and intensely feminine fragrance, a mix of luscious fruit and delectable flowers. It opens with a blend of sparkling grapefruit, cassis and sun-kissed apricot. In the heart notes sheer muguet and petal rose are wrapped in luminous jasmine. The apple sensation finishes with body-lingering base notes of blonde woods and smooth skin accords. You can't help be instantly smitten? As will he!

This is really fresh and clean smelling. It's not the type of scent I usually go for but I really like it! I love the design of the DKNY Delicious perfume range. I have recently bought their Sweet Delicious Pink Macaroon which is heavenly! I love it!
Ghost
Ghost fragrance is a timeless, feminine and romantic soft floral perfume. Mellow hibiscus, rose petals, and musk characterise Ghost - the first fragrance from the designer label. Subtly combined jasmine, spicy sandalwood, and warm incense dominate with gentleness, while overtones of vanilla, musk, ambergris, and apricot provide a satiny quality to the fragrance.

This used to be my favourite perfume until Ghost Sweetheart was released. I still love the perfume though! It's sweet and light. It lasts for ages too.
Ghost Sheer Summer
Ghost Sheer Summer is a soft fruity floral blend of aromas that kisses the skin with a flirtatious scent.
Ghost Sheer Summer begins with white peach, pineapple, plum, sweet pea and apple, over soft and clean floral notes of jasmine and freesia and a simple base of amber, musk and sandalwood.


This is quite a light floral scent with hints of fruit. It's a nice everyday perfume!
Ghost Sweetheart
Ghost Sweetheart is a feminine, sensual and enchanting fragrance from Ghost. Sweetheart opens with a vibrant rush of sweet lemon and juicy, succulent pineapple, while a fusion of spearmint and fresh green leaves quicken the pulse. Then in the heart, heady heliotrope and voluptuous jasmine mingle with innocent white rose petals and lily of the valley to create a delicate, dreamy haze of white flowers. At last, delicious caramel and tantalising vanilla at the sensual, woody base are held in a tonka bean caress. Intimate, skin-loving notes of patchouli, vetiver, oakmoss and sandalwood are honeyed with golden amber notes to create a lingering and reassuring impression of romance.

This is my signature scent and my favourite perfume! I adore it and wear it all the time. It's sweet and light. Absolutely gorgeous!
Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame
Jean Paul Gaultier Ma Dame is a fresh, sweet, floral fragrance.
A twist of orange and fresh rose illuminated with a flash of grenadine.


I love the design of the bottle. The scent is quite citrus like and fruity.
Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola!
She is coy and clever with a wink. Her smile, her youthful spirit – Light hearted and charming. Oh, Lola! Marc Jacobs. Vibrant and playful, irresistible sophistication. A flirty facet of the original Lola.
A sparkling, fruity floral, Oh, Lola! Captures the flirtatious essence of her easy charm.
Oh, Lola! Opens with a refreshing top note of effervescent raspberry.
Her pink femininity is reflected in the beautiful peony heart.
A sensual elegance with addictive vanilla in the dry down leaves an unforgettable flirtatious touch.

I love this as it has a sweet and fresh scent. It's delicate and not too overpowering. I picked it up in the Xmas sale at Boots using my advantage card points and I'm glad I did. It's one of my favourite perfumes. The only downside is that it's quite expensive!
Paul Smith Floral
Paul Smith Floral opens with bubbly notes citrus extracts of Orange and Pink Grapefruit, and fresh-picked Ginger. Its heart is composed of a most unique blend of white flowers, Magnolia, Orchid and Osmanthus Blossom. Paul Smith Floral’s base-notes resonate with the very material presence of Musk and Amber forming a studied harmony with Exotic Wood essences and Tonka Beans.

This has a really bright, fresh scent. I love the design of the bottle!
Vera Wang Lovestruck
The fragrance is a sparkling addictive floral you are sure to fall in love with. There’s an instant attraction to the mouth-watering pink guava and mandarin which is followed by a delicate mix of  tuberose and lotus blossom.
Behind it all, precious woods and sheer musk combine to create a passionate elegance. Vera Wang Lovestruck represents an irresistible romance and captures the feeling of a woman who is struck by love and captivated by passion.

I bought this after Xmas in the Boots sale and I love it! It has a lovely musk scent. I like to wear it in the evening if I'm going out. It's one of my favourite perfumes now.
Radiant and whimsical, Vera Wang Princess is a sheer, fruity floral – rich with vanilla and brimming with exotic flowers and succulent fruits. The scent sparkles with the captivating, sweet, tart aroma of delicate lady apples and dreamy water lily kissed lightly by golden apricot and mandarin meringue. This sweeps into a heart of ripe pink guava and the rare, coveted tahitian tiare flower, wild tuberose and dark chocolate. In the base, tempting vanilla chiffon and pink frosting are combined with precious amber and forbidden woods to wrap the fragrance in a mysterious air. Princess is an enchanting celebration of modern femininity.

This perfume is a fresh and clean scent. I find it's quite strong too so I don't need to use a lot. It's not one of my favourites but I do like it!

Do you have a signature scent? What would you like to try?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely collection! Love the Oh Lola and Lovestruck ones! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! I might have to steal this post idea :) I really wanna try that Mcqueen one, it sounds so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this Vera Wang's Princess. The scent is I love the most. :)

    women pheromones

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know the tip about covering the perfume before smelling it :) Thanks will try that!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...