Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Spanish Olives & Recipe

I used to be a fussy eater but I'm becoming more open to trying new things, especially things I didn't used to like.

Olives are something that I thought I didn't like, until recently when I had some slathered in my halloumi wrap from a Greek deli and didn't want to cause a fuss so ate it. I didn't wince or gag, I realised it actually made the wrap taste nice. I actually like olives!

Olive prejudice overcome, I would like to offer my sincere apology to olives and as a token gesture to them I would like to share this awesome recipe! It is definitely a conversation starter!

I'm quite a fan of "weird" combinations in food, with my all time favourite being this recipe of fizzy lemon and cola tart by Gizzi Erskine, closely followed by peanut butter and marmalade on toast (don't knock it til you've tried it!) but I think this recipe could possibly blow these two out of the water on the unusual ingredient scale...

Trufas de chocolate y aceitunas espa├▒olas (Chocolate and Spanish olive truffles)


Preparation time: Approximately 6 hours


You will need:
·         150g double cream
·         220g of 70% dark chocolate
·         1 orange zest
·         50g of black pitted Spanish olives
·         40g of butter

Directions:

Take 150g of black olives and blend them into a rough paste with a food processor.

Place a medium sized pot with the double cream over a low heat. When this is almost at boiling point, turn off the heat and add the chopped dark chocolate, orange zest and the olive pate.

Mix the truffle mixture well with a spatula until you have a smooth texture.

The mix should still be warm, now add the chopped butter to give extra shine and silkiness to the truffles mix.

Cover the pot with cling film and cool down in the fridge for 5-7 hours for the mix to harden so that you can shape it into balls later on.

Once cool and hard, it’s time to make little balls with your hands, shape the mixture and then coat them with cocoa powder.

Tip:
I recommend placing them back in the fridge to enjoy them cold, as they take longer to melt in your mouth!



Are you a fan of olives? Is there any food that you used to dislike but have grown to enjoy? What do you think of the recipe?


2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    We noticed that you have a lots of tasty recipes on your blog and would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here: http://www.alldishes.co.uk/top-food-blogs.

    We've recently launched the site Alldishes.co.uk where users can search through tens of thousands of recipes from UK and Irish food sites and blogs.

    If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on Alldishes.co.uk, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: http://www.alldishes.co.uk/add-your-food-blog

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Warm regards,
    Sakkarin
    info@alldishes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...