Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Hurraw! Green Tea Lip Balm Review

A few weekends ago when I was Leeds, I popped into American Apparel and when I was at the till I spotted this...
I'd never seen it before so thought I'd give it a try. There were quite a few "flavours" available but I went with green tea as it sounded a bit different to what I'd usually choose!
 
Here's a little bit about Hurraw! taken from their website...
 
"Hurraw! Balm lives in Whitefish, Montana; a tiny ski town nestled among the amazing peaks of Glacier National Park. 

We started out of pure intent; a personal obsession to create the perfect balm: all natural, vegan, made from premium raw, organic and fair trade ingredients... complete with a bunch of natural and fun flavor options! It also had to meet some tough criteria...
Super smooth, not draggy, not sticky, not sweet, not too glossy, not too smelly, never grainy, long lasting; plus, it had to hold up to being in a back jeans pocket all day without melting!

It took us several obsessed years to formulate Hurraw! Balm and put it through all the rigors. We love it, use it, and hope you do too! 
 
We hand mix and individually pour each tube of Hurraw! Balm.
We truly care about the quality and integrity of our product and feel Hurraw! is the finest all natural, vegan, raw balm available... a great product to be used by everyone regardless of lifestyle or eating habits!

Sourcing honest, fair trade, organic, vegan and raw ingredients from reputable suppliers was difficult at best. 

We finally did it and we are thrilled to share the labors of our hard work with other balm lovin' individuals.

Your purchase supports legit fair trade, organic farmers and suppliers here in the States and around the World. Thank you!
Hurraw! Balm is a Certified Vegan product! 'Vegan' means no animal products (ie: beeswax) are included in our product. We are proud to also be CCIC approved.
The CCIC provides the leaping bunny logo which assures our cruelty free standards (no animals are used/harmed/tested on in any stage of the manufacture of our product, including our suppliers).
 
Hurraw! Balm contains certified organic, raw, cold pressed and centrifuged extracted, nut/seed oils and butters that have been processed below 118F degrees and are still chocked full of their essential nutrients and enzymes. Although more expensive, the quality of raw oils and butters is superb and you'll feel the difference!"
The lip balm definitely lived up to its claims. It's long lasting and non-greasy. The consistency is great - it's quite thick but goes on smooth and clear.

The green tea was really subtle and doesn't taste artificial like some lip balms can. I really liked the shape of the tube too. At first I thought it might be a little odd but it is the perfect shape for a lip balm!
 
I really like that the lip balm contains raw ingredients and is vegan friendly. I'm becoming more aware that certain products containing lots of chemicals don't necessarily help/benefit my skin/hair and have switched to ones with more natural ingredients.
 
I bought mine for around £3.45. I thought that it was value for money as a little goes a long way.
 
I would definitely repurchase this brand and although I don't think I'd ever totally stray away from Carmex, I will be keeping this in my desk drawer. I can't wait to try some of their other flavours!
 
You can buy them online from websites such as supersmoocher.com or have a look on Amazon or ebay!
 
Have you tried Hurraw! lip balm before?
 
What did you think?

 



1 comment:

  1. this happens to be one of my fav HURRAW! Balm flavor, i love Earl Grey too ;) our little store in Hong Kong (www.placebolife.com) carries this fabulous brand, it's great to see so many raving reviews online!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...