Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Pure by Phytocare Papaya Ointment Review

A few weeks ago I attended the Leeds Blogger Meet Up organised by the lovely Ray and Tor.

We received an amazing goodie bag which included this tube of Pure by Phytocare Papaya Ointment
 Here's a little bit of info from the website:

"PURE Papaya Ointment has countless uses. Its great for soothing bites, eczema, dermatitis, minor burns, dry skin, chapped and sunburned lips, nappy rash, cracked nipples and many more besides. This Papaya Ointment is very rich and thick enough to stand up when squeezed from the tube at room temperatures.
Papaya fruit (also known as Paw Paw in Australia), is a fantastic source of nourishing vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes. The special fermentation process concentrates these nutrients and also cultivates beneficial probiotics. The value of fermented Papaya in health and skin care has been recognised for over 100 years.

Pawpaw is naturally high in vitamin A, which is a fat-soluble vitamin essential in the production and maintenance of healthy skin throughout the body. Pawpaw also contains vitamin C, which has long been shown to rejuvenate damaged skin and boost skin cell turnover. The pawpaw fruit has natural antiseptic properties that help to keep eczema areas clean and reduce inflammation, it also contains active enzymes that promote healthy skin by targeting and breaking down skin damaged by eczema."    

I was keen to try it out as I had read that it is suitable to use on tattoos. I'd got two new ones done recently so used it to help after the healing process.
 
My tattoos were quite dry once they had nearly healed and were quite flaky so were in need of a bit of tlc.
 
In the past I had used an unscented moisturiser to combat this.
 
The ointment itself is really thick and so a little goes a long way. I didn't need to rub it in as it went on smoothly. My skin felt instantly moisturised and less parched. I only needed to apply it once a day as it kept my skin feeling soothed.
 
The scent of papaya is quite strong but not unpleasant. 
 
I didn't experience any itchiness as I had done with my previous tattoos and the tattoo healed really nicely and has kept all of the colour.

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm always interested in using products that are as natural as possible as I do think it makes a difference to your skin (especially if you suffer from any skin complaints).

I'd use this in future for tattoos at the end of the healing process and as you only need to use a tiny amount it will last for a while!

You can buy it and find out more information about Pure Phytocare Papaya Ointment here or follow them on twitter!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...