Thursday, 28 February 2013

Geeta's Chutney Challenge!

I was invited to take part in Geeta's Chutney Challenge.

The challenge was simple - to celebrate Geeta's 20th anniversary, share an inventive and original recipe using Geeta's Premium Mango Chutney.

So, I got my thinking cap on... And ended up calling my brother...

He works in a kitchen and told me he'd made something this week incorporating mango chutney which sounded pretty tasty. 

So, Jack totally takes the credit for this creation but it was too good not to share with you.

It's his (pretend) birthday today too - he's a leap year so no real birthday until 2016!  

(My favourite thing to go with mango chutney before trying this was poppadoms!) 

So, here's Jack's creation...

Spiced Corn Fritter, Grilled Halloumi, Rocket Salad with Mango Chutney & a bit of Fresh Salsa.


* Take one jar of Geeta's Premium Mango Chutney...

* 1 tbsp ground cumin

* 1 tbsp ground coriander

* 1 tbsp paprika

* 1 tsp chilli flakes



Add cumin, coriander, paprika and chilli flakes to finish!



As I mentioned I sent this out with spiced corn fritter, grilled halloumi, rocket salad and a bit of fresh salsa.



Corn Fritter is dead easy to make.



In a bowl mix one can of drained sweetcorn with 4 tbsp wholemeal flour or polenta, 2 tbsp milk and one egg.



That is the basic bit for the fritter.



Into that I added:



* 2 tbsp fresh coriander - chopped

* 3-4 spring onions - chopped

* 1 red chilli - chopped

* 1 tsp paprika

* 1 tbsp ground coriander

* 1 tbsp cumin

* salt and pepper - pinch

* 2 tbsp toasted pinenuts

* 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds



They taste reeeally fit, and the pumpkin seeds with the pinenuts add a nice crunchy texture and nutty taste.

Just a case of shaping them up and whacking them in a pan to shallow fry on medium heat.

The salsa was just a regular tomato salsa (tomato, onion, coriander, lime, chilli)...
Will you be giving this recipe a try?

You can find out more information on Geeta's foods by visiting www.geetasfoods.com





2 comments:

  1. Do you watch New Girl? The word 'chutney' has been ruined for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know exactly what you mean! Yes, I'll never look at the word in the same way ever again ☺ x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...