Wednesday, 8 May 2013

I'm Fine.


I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing over posting this and I may take it down.

So. I guess it's a bit of a personal post really. And possibly a little cheesy too for good measure. But here it goes...

I split up with my boyfriend at the end of last year after being together for 9 years.
I'm not going to go into any details of it but I had my heart broken. 

I decided that rather than sit at home and mope about it that I was going to make 2013 the year of experiences. It was kind of a catalyst for me to do something.

It has been tough and unfortunately, I feel like I've lost family and friends because of the situation. On the flip side, I have gained some brilliant new friends in the process and have been reconnecting with old friends too.

I've started being more spontaneous, saying yes to doing things.

I've started to immerse myself in music again. Something that I love but had kind of lost touch with.


Doing things out of my comfort zone

I've finally got the confidence and independence to go to things on my own. I still have my moments of total shyness, but I'm much better than I was!

I recently took the plunge and started driving after a 10 year break. Something that I genuinely didn't think I'd be able to do.

I joined the gym. Something I would have never seen myself doing. In the past I would have joined, and not gone. I've been going 2-3 times a week since December and feel great for doing it.

I've joined a jogging group through going to the gym and I am planning on entering a half marathon later on in the year. Again, something I never thought I'd do. Seriously, 6 months ago I couldn't run the length of myself!

I've also recently moved up to working full time, which again, for various reasons, was something I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do.

I've started being able to cope with things a lot better than before and I've become a lot more positive in general. (I will admit that I still have my off days though...!)

I guess I'm the kind of person who is motivated by people telling me I can't do something. 

I had M.E. as a teenager and was pretty ill as a result. My head of year told me it would probably be best that I just sit 3 GCSE's. I didn't. I sat and passed 12, all grade A*-C. 

So far this year I've had some brilliant experiences already, from going to London Fashion Week and dancing my feet off with Natalie to seeing some awesome gigs and spending quality time with friends
Making Plans/Things I'm looking forward to...

* Catching up with friends

* Cold War Kids at HMV Ritz

* Going to Berlin to see Queens of the Stone Age

* Fat Freddy's Drop Album Release Show

* We Are Scientists at Gorilla

* Modest Mouse at Rock City

* Jurassic 5 at Leeds O2 Academy

* Tramlines Festival

* Y Not Festival

* Going to Cornwall for the weekend for Boardmasters

* Leeds Festival

* Starting/completing my new tattoo

I guess I'm a different person to who I was a year ago but I don't see that being a bad thing.



9 comments:

  1. I love this post hun, i always find its things like break ups that finally make us want to better ourselfs. You have a good list of things to look forward to. I always try and have things coming up to enjoy, like you they usually include gigs and mini adventures. so lucky to be going to boardmasters

    Sammie - Little Blonde Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I totally agree. Sometimes you need something like it to make some changes!

      I love making plans and having things to look forward to. I can't wait for Boardmasters. I grew up in Cornwall but haven't been back for nearly 2 years so it will be nice to have a little trip round too x

      Delete
  2. It's definitely not a bad thing to see that you have changed, or to change at all for that matter. Everybody does. And sometimes that can mean that the person you become would have been unhappy in the situations you used to be in anyway, so one day you might look back and think that you had a lucky escape. Who knows.
    I think it's really great that you have been doing more and saying yes to more, and especially the music which I'm sure will be a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the changes are definitely a good thing and I kind of wish that I'd made them sooner but you live & learn!

      I'm loving getting back into the things I used to enjoy, it definitely makes me feel like I'm "me" again on that part! :) x

      Delete
  3. Love this post, break-ups really do spur great things. I can vouch for that! Also, I won more fashion tickets in London if you're up for that but I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to go or whether you were on holiday! Sadly, I have not acquired as much confidence as you has, and I really wish I had. I really need to join a gym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, it definitely seems like things that are pretty crap at the time can lead to good things :)

      Oh wow, that's brilliant about the tickets! Thanks for letting me know - I'd definitely be up for it if I'm free!

      You seemed very happy and positive about things when I saw you last and I think you're more confident than you perceive yourself to be, which is brilliant! x

      Delete
    2. Ooooh I'm not so sure, I feel as though my happy-go-lucky attitude has faded slightly. It's difficult to stay so positive! If you're free on 5th June, just let me know and we'll begin new antics ;)

      Delete
  4. Such an inspiring post for someone like me who avoids the outside of my comfort zone like the plague. I think I can relate to being more motivated when people don't believe I can do something. Haters gonna hate! It's probably the only reason I've stuck with exercising for the first time in my whole life! I hope the rest of your year is a good one!

    JadeFungBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, it means a lot!

      And I 100% agree, haters gonna hate, but it's always nice when you can turn around and show them what you've achieved because of it! :D

      Thank you - me too! :) x

      Delete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...