Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Trip to London June 2013

In June I went down to London for a couple of days with my Mum...
I love my Mums packed lunches 
We went to the Breakfast Club in Shoreditch for lunch as Mum hadn't been before and I loved it there when I visited with my friend Cindy (you can read about it here)!
The juices and smoothies are so good...
I went for the All American Breakfast but changed the sausage for mushrooms... It was amazing (and slightly overwhelming)!
I absolutely love the wallpaper in the loos in the Breakfast Club 
The main reason for the trip was to go to the Fat Freddy's Drop album launch show at Village Underground. 

It was brilliant! Separate post to follow...
The following day we had a wander around East London and had lunch in Poppies in Spitalfields.
The smell of their fish & chips was far too enticing to just walk past. 

I was also quite excited that they sold cream soda! 
I ordered the kids portion as I wasn't feeling massively hungry but it was enormous! 

It was really good. The batter was lovely and light (I usually end up picking off all the batter if I get fish & chips usually!) and the chips were perfect chip shop chips... I'd definitely go back!
I ordered some bread and butter to share/make chip butties with and it was also massive but so good!

Do you have any favourite haunts to eat at in London?






2 comments:

  1. oooh all this looks rather nice! I love the Breakfast Club and always have the American breakfast like you had or pancakes and berries.
    I always go and hang out with blogger mates in London who want burgers to I've tried Byron, meatliquor and Patty & Bun all of which are great.

    This place http://www.thedelaunay.com/ is one of my faves and I go there for a breakfast or afternoon tea if I'm feeling fancy. There's a more casual cafe part of it too where the food is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always take M&S gin and tonic on a train journey! x

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...