Saturday, 9 November 2013

New York - HELP!

Two weeks today I will be on my way to New York on holiday.

I have never been to America before. I was meant to go on an A Level Geography field trip to New York back in 2001. The day I went to hand in my deposit was sadly 11th September. 

As you can guess, unfortunately the trip never went ahead but I have always had in my mind that one day I would like to visit New York.
A few months ago I was chatting to my friend, Jenna. The photo above is of the pair of us when we were at college(!)

Jenna now lives out in the Cayman Islands and we were discussing me potentially coming to visit her out there as it has been a few years since we last saw each other.

The conversation then came to the idea that we could meet in New York as a "half way" point...
I went ahead and booked flights and we are staying in an apartment in the Williamsburg/Brooklyn are via airbnb (which looks AWESOME)...

We'll be there over Thanksgiving (I have just seen that Fall Out Boy are going to be playing... SQUEALS!) and for Black Friday so I know there is going to be lots of things going on while we're there but I was hoping that I might be able to get some tips from people who have been before.

I'm always interested in hearing about places that we might not have thought of, bars, cafes, galleries, shops... You name it!

I'm also keen to hear any tips too or places to avoid!
We've also got tickets to see Glassjaw while we're there. I am super excited. I've seen Head Automatica a couple of times but never had the chance to catch GJ. I CAN'T WAIT!

Have you been to New York before? What are your recommendations?

I would appreciate any hints & tips or any blog post links would be spot on! Ta 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving comments & I will always try and return them! If you like my blog, why not follow me? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...